Avis: Technology Staff Augmentation
When Avis acquired its competitor Budget Rent A Car, it faced the daunting task of integrating two complex systems. Having one central system would streamline business processes, reduce IT costs, and improve efficiency.
Avis needed to hire 80 consultants within three months to work on the yearlong integration project.
Starpoint was one of seven vendors selected to help Avis fill these 80 IT positions, and quickly placed more than 15 consultants for the project.
As Avis’s centralized vendor manager, Starpoint created a custom version of our InstiHire system and placed a Starpoint Recruiting Manager on-site. Starpoint placed 90 consultants in five weeks, and shortened the hiring process from 12 weeks to five weeks.
Starpoint’s on-site Recruiting Manager managed the entire recruiting and hiring process, including:
- Work with managers to identify openings and determine requirements
- Create the job requirements in InstiHire
- Blast email the requirements to Unilever's preferred vendors
- Screen resumes and present qualified candidates to Unilever
- Complete the on-boarding process